Kurnell Port and Berthing Upgrade
Client: URS / Caltex
Linchpin Environmental seconded Michael Chilcott to URS as Project Director during the planning approvals process for the upgrade of Caltex’s port and berthing facility at Kurnell. The project required preparation of a major project environmental impact statement and submissions report, for a state significant development. Approvals were under NSW legislation, and the other for approval under Commonwealth legislation.
The project involved the management of complex State and Commonwealth regulatory interface. Our services provided include:
- Leading discussions with the Commonwealth government on regulatory approvals under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act, and the Environmental Protection (Sea Dumping) Act
- Managing Government agency relations
- Scoping the environmental assessment requirements
- Managing sub-consultant inputs
- Drafting environmental assessment documentation
- Reviewing environmental assessment documentation
- Securing approval for the project.
The assessment documentation was prepared and delivered within eight months.