Sydney Harbour Ferry Wharf Upgrade Program
Client: NSW Roads and Maritime Services
The NSW Government is progressively upgrading ferry wharves across Sydney to improve ferry services for customers. The new wharves are being delivered as part of the NSW Government’s Transport Access Program – an initiative to deliver modern, safe and accessible transport infrastructure.
Faye Woodward from Linchpin Environmental was seconded to NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) from April 2012 to June 2013. During her secondment Faye worked on several maritime projects, notably the Sydney Harbour Wharf Upgrade Program. The Rose Bay, Neutral Bay, Balmain Thames Street and Huntleys Point Wharves were being upgraded during this time. Services provided include:
- Preparing a community issues management plan
- Representing RMS’ community engagement team at project team meetings
- Preparing community information materials
- Responding to correspondence from the community and stakeholders
- Reviewing information provided by the construction team’s community liaison representative
- Attending community information sessions on behalf of RMS
- Organising an opening event for the Neutral Bay Wharf.