Sydney Metro Stage 2: West Metro
Client: Elton Consulting / Sydney Metro Authority
West Metro was a proposed metro line running from Sydney’s Central station to Westmead, near Parramatta. It was proposed by the former NSW Government to provide a high frequency rapid transport service between Sydney’s CBD and Parramatta – Australia’s busiest transport corridor. The project was cancelled by the former Premier, Kristina Keneally, in February 2010.
Faye Woodward was seconded to the former Sydney Metro Authority as a Place Manager during planning for the West Metro from June 2009 to March 2010. Faye covered the areas near proposed stations at Leichhardt, Five Dock, Burwood, Strathfield, Olympic Park and Silverwater.
Services provided include:
- Working with the project’s property team to identify property owners, tenants and other stakeholders associated with the properties that would need to be acquired to build the proposed stations
- Engaging with directly affected property owners, business owners and tenants who would need to be relocated if the project went ahead
- Consultation with residents, businesses and community facilities in the vicinity of each proposed station
- Notifying local residents and businesses of upcoming environmental investigations
- Responding to general enquiries by telephone, email, post and on the project’s online discussion forum
- Attending community information sessions and stakeholder meetings
- Documenting all communication with stakeholders
- Keeping the project team informed of community issues