WestConnex Stage 3:
M4-M5 Link Tunnels and Rozelle Interchange
Client: roads and maritime services
WestConnex is part of an integrated transport plan to keep Sydney moving – easing congestion, creating jobs and creating communities. Stage 3, the M4-M5 Link, is the final component of WestConnex. It includes twin motorway tunnels between the New M4 at Haberfield and the New M5 at St Peters and a major interchange at Rozelle.is the largest transport and urban renewal project in Australia.
Linchpin Environmental was engaged to lead property acquisition communication on this project and implement the recent NSW Government property acquisition reforms. Faye Woodward was seconded to the project team as Personal Manager Acquisitions from mid-2016 to early 2019. There were over 50 affected properties, including both residential and commercial properties.
Services provided include:
· Door knocking affected properties at the time of each major project announcement.
· Setting up initial meetings with affected property and business owners.
· Providing information about the NSW Government’s acquisition process.
· Helping people navigate the acquisition process and providing support as needed.
· Assisting residents and businesses with their relocation.
· Providing a consistent point of contact for property and business owners.